Sunday, January 9, 2011

NERTZ and yes, cigarettes

So I had a great time this weekend with my family from here, Texas, and Arkansas!!! We played and laughed and definitely had a hardcore game of NERTZ!  I love it all... I love being with my people; the people who love me no matter what; people who are there for me through bad or good; the people who show you how you should pick your friends in life.  I am blessed; thank you Father!

I did smoke, though.  I didn't smoke Monday through Friday.... then I smoked yesterday and today.  BUMMER!  Nevertheless, I will not dwell on what is done!  In the words of Scarlet, "Tomorrow is another day"....  and I am a beautiful child of the one true God, so I will cling to all that is good :)

So, up until now I felt, even though I have been  told otherwise, that I wasn't doing enough, how could God love me if I am such a crappy person, and with my thoughts and my mistakes how can I be a Christian..... and then I read Romans.  If anyone struggles with what the good news of the Gospel is all about, my friends.... Paul simplifies it in Romans with words that even I can understand to tell me that God loves me so much that even though we were in sin (through Adam, and made aware of our sin by the Law (the commandments we cannot keep) and therefore made aware of our guilt and worthy of death because the wages (consequence) of sin is death) God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[i] through the shedding of his blood- Romans 3:25 Which means that we are forgiven.  Though there has to be payment of death for sin, Jesus paid that debt! Not just that, but he paid that debt and rose again so that we will not die either but have eternal life! He was sacrificed for us so that all would believe in him and be saved through his sacrifice...   He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.  Romans 4:25  Well, I believe.  Romans 5:20 The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, 21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.I was talking to my sister once or maybe to someone else but Lela heard me when I said, "You can't get people to take your advice until it becomes their own idea."  What a cool quote that is.... hearing it thrown back at me today!  We were outside at grandpa and grandmas when I was telling her of the peace I had found in my reading of the Bible last night; though I had heard what I had read before, I had never actually read it myself till last night... and I am filled with belief, hope, and such sweet peace.  I said, I guess I just had to read it myself to really know it was real.  Then she replied, "Well, Kindy, you are the one who said <enter my quote>"  It was kinda right on.

Now I am having a Coors Light and going to do a bit more housework before retiring for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment