Monday, January 17, 2011

Garlic Chicken with Creamy Asian Salad

Yea, I have finally become a fan of salad again... funny, even when I think about a salad I am just turned off.  Completely.  Regardless, I toss one up with my meat of choice and am usually won over by it.  I have not liked them since my pregnancy with Parker.  Parker's birthday on Thursday went alright.  Bittersweet.  We, Jason and I, napped most of the evening away and were both still tired enough to go to bed early.

Today, I went to get blood drawn at the Dr's office.  I had to have my glucose, insulin, and thyroid checked to see if I have any factors present to accompany a different Dr's diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).  I think she may do an ultrasound as well??? I don't know.  I get the results back on Thursday when I see her for my actual appointment.

My grandma Compton is in the hospital I heard today when my pastor called me. She has had some heart problems and stints put in and I have not heard from her since my son died, so I had no idea anything was wrong.  I plan on seeing her tomorrow if she is still there.  I called her and she sounds pretty good.  The Drs say that the stints could collapse at any time because the arteries around her lungs are in such bad shape.  My sister in law and I prayed for her immediately after the phone call.  I am believing in healing.

I am getting ready to leave as I have volunteered to help at 1st Christian Church tonight with dinner we do every Monday.  It is from 5:30 to 6:30 I think but I am showing up early to help with whatever is needed... I also volunteered for our church's volleyball team... LOL!!!!!  That is such a laugh.  However, I think it will be good for me in a few different ways, so since they will have me, then I will show up at the Rec every Monday and Friday night to... uh... give it my best!

God's peace and good will to all.  May He bless and keep you. In Jesus name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment