Saturday, January 15, 2011

Brisket and Spinach Salad

So, today is a good day.  Well, everyday is really a good day, for every day the Lord has made.
Ecclesiastes 7

10 Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?”
   For it is not wise to ask such questions.
 11 Wisdom, like an inheritance, is a good thing
   and benefits those who see the sun.
12 Wisdom is a shelter
   as money is a shelter,
but the advantage of knowledge is this:
   Wisdom preserves those who have it.
 13 Consider what God has done:
   Who can straighten
   what he has made crooked?
14 When times are good, be happy;
   but when times are bad, consider this:
God has made the one
   as well as the other.
Therefore, no one can discover
   anything about their future.


My husband read this to me last night, and I continue to think on this.  When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this:  God has made the one as well as the other.  Therefore, no one can discover anything about their future.  It is odd that people sometimes don't even realize when they are going through the better times in their life... when I was young and thin, I thought I should be thinner... how is that?  We need to reflect upon our days and moments and realize if we are really in the good times?  And if we have any issues that really are not bad, or are just in our own minds, let them go and be happy for these good times, for we will have plenty of real bad days or moments in life, why rob ourselves of days meant to be good within our own mind that conjures up problems and stress for lack of productive thinking??  Today is a good day.  I have my husband.  I have health in the name of our savior Jesus Christ. Amen.  I have food and shelter and time... time is what can make a good day seem like a bad one, my friends.  When I am not busy or doing anything at all, my mind starts to run through life and thoughts... and I am reminded of things that upset me, or anger me.  I am sure to not be the only one.  To retrain my mind, I can not let it be idle in this way.  


I have two cool chairs to reupholster.  Got to deconstruct them first.  Nice wingbacks with great detail in the woodwork... very excited.  I forget, I have plenty of wonderful things to keep me busy around here, artistic or progressive projects, but oftentimes, I do not do them.  I have an office, but I do not organize and utilize it.  I should really.  I have such an interest in the arts, but if I am to do anything, my thinking is it should be housework, but I suck at housework and never seem to be done, so I don't let myself have the playtime because I feel as though it is a privilege but that is untrue.  I need that time for productivity personally and to keep dreams and passion alive just as much as we need a clean house.  My husband has school and if I just sit around doing nothing but occasional housework daily, then I am losing myself and life slowly and just being lazy.  I will make time today then, instead of doing housework.  There is a time for both and the housework really does never end, so when will I ever deserve to do the latter?  Exactly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment