Friday, December 24, 2010

The Eve of Our Saviour's Birth

So tomorrow we celebrate the day our Saviour, Jesus Christ, was born of the virgin, Mary, and came to save us.  I am having many thoughts, none ready to be expressed.  Thank you, Father, for sending your Son.  Thank you, Father, for saving us through Him.  Thank you, Lord.

Last night, my older brother and sister-in-law came over; we just talked and had a good time while Jason and I shared a bottle of Merlot.  I do not drink Merlot often, but Jason and I enjoyed it.

Today I will make Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies and prepare my green bean casserole for tomorrow.  Last night, I made pinwheels with ham, green onions, tomatoes, cream cheese, celery, and spices.  They were delicious!  My sister-in-law kept eating the ends of the tortillas with the filling since I just throw those out.

I went to see Gram Gram yesterday, and I watched her make Apple Butter... it is sooo delicious!  She gave me the recipe and sent some home with me, too!  So last night, when Chris and Lela were here I also made biscuits, and we oohed and awed over her delicious Apple Butter! I told her not even to bother canning it because it wouldn't last long in this house.... well, after breakfast this morning of eggs and biscuits with Apple Butter, the jar is almost empty!  No reason to be bummed about it though, because Gram also sent me with Peach Butter.. yea yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment